As you can see, the year is over and not all the pictures are up. This was me distancing myself from technology and falling behind. My plan is now to catch up. You're going to get a lovely random mixture of pictures.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 8

     There are so many beautiful moments in this life, that go by, unable to preserve or share with another person. I always forget how beautiful they are. But I always try to save them, to share them with someone who will later see the picture, and feel something, the same thing I did, or something individual to them. Yet I can never quite get it. And I will always forget my previous failure to try again, sometimes frustratingly so. Tonight as I sat beneath a weeping pine, protected from the view of the passerby on the nearby sidewalk, I really wished I could catch the snow and the bells and the fresh breeze. But some moments are better spent with just yourself. And here, that can be a rare occurrence.
     As I knew I failed with my first attempts, I set to wandering aimlessly about the campus, just looking for me rather than for a picture. It was extraordinary to just be alone in a quiet, snowy world, as the few people braving the cold rushed by.
     As I wandered, I found that a basketball net, backlit by a bright street lamp reminded me explicitly of my brother's life-long dream to be in the NBA. When I took this picture, the sky was a dark royal blue, lit on fire by the street lamps. I've done some color editing (meaning, obviously, color subtraction) along with a couple other versions. This is the one I chose from here, but some others will by on my Picasa album! I love you Clark.

No comments:

Post a Comment