As you can see, the year is over and not all the pictures are up. This was me distancing myself from technology and falling behind. My plan is now to catch up. You're going to get a lovely random mixture of pictures.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Day 196

     Every day, hundreds of thousands of birds run into windows, mistaking them as a passageway, their reflection as another bird or in sheer confusion of mistake. Many of them revive and are able to fly away within a few hours. But that leaves many who don't get to open their wings again. This little girl was one who was unfortunate to not make it. I found her lying in our garden, in a beautiful spot under the window box. I have probably seen this same bird, foraging our big new lawn for worms, and she probably has raised several young this summer. It's strange to find death. It happens all the time, all over the world, and I keep getting more and more used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment