As you can see, the year is over and not all the pictures are up. This was me distancing myself from technology and falling behind. My plan is now to catch up. You're going to get a lovely random mixture of pictures.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 135

     I absolutely love Western Meadowlarks. Sturnella neglecta. Their song is beautiful, their coloring is beautiful and they always signify the glorious days of spring and summer to me. I feel like the bird itself is sunshine. I've never been able to get a picture of them, as they sit in the high pine treetops and scare easily. You can always hear them, all throughout the day and evening but they're hard to find because they're notes carry so far. When I do get to see them, I fell so lucky and so happy. The other day when it was raining, I saw one a far off bathing in the wet grass, and it significantly improved my day. And today I got closer to one than ever before. This time, it was sitting on a Yucca, not using it's classic song but letting out a few notes here and there. And it calmly watched me as I watched it, slowly approaching. It didn't startle, even when my sister called out for dinnertime. Eventually, I went and had my desert, after I had watched it fly away.


No comments:

Post a Comment