As you can see, the year is over and not all the pictures are up. This was me distancing myself from technology and falling behind. My plan is now to catch up. You're going to get a lovely random mixture of pictures.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 29

     Everything is so much more beautiful in the morning when no one's seen it yet. I woke up early this morning, to go on a field trip, and found a freezing world with frost crystals clinging to it. Everything was coated in delicate little fingers of ice! Sparkly grains of snow continued to fall, but were only noticeable when you stopped to look in the light. Fog hung over the mountains, shielding some of the buildings from view and hovering over the street.
     I tried a lot of different things today as I was shooting, trying to get my images to be sharper. I often find that I feel a picture is sharp but I load it and it may not be at all. Through experimentation, I found that a lower ISO, (obviously) faster shutter speeds and a delicate attention to lighting helped me out.
     By the time I got back, it had warmed up, the frost was gone and people were everywhere. So I locked myself up to work on my pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment