As you can see, the year is over and not all the pictures are up. This was me distancing myself from technology and falling behind. My plan is now to catch up. You're going to get a lovely random mixture of pictures.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 10

     I don't know what's wrong with me. I am sick again, condemned to my bed for most of the day. Going to class was a poor decision, but also meant that I got to go outside to this.
     Every time I look at mountains with clouds hanging over them, I realized today that I always think of Ansel Adams. Of course you know who he is. He is the guy you think of anytime the subject of landscape photography is mentioned. But even he did some darkroom editing to create his famous mountain images. So I decided to give it a shot. Playing around with the dodge and burn tools, I found that there is a lot more freedom in an image. I'd used them before, but not so meticulously. These tools should be a photographer's best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment